To support our members in pursuing an accounting career by helping them become well rounded people. The Langara Accounting Club (LAC) accomplishes this by
- Providing fellowship opportunities for Langara students interested in accounting and creating a supportive community
- Providing information about and maintaining close ties with the Canadian accounting designation Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Advising members interested in pursuing a career in accounting
- Creating opportunities to connect with potential employers
- Encouraging community volunteering
- Encouraging personal development beyond accounting
BC Accounting Clubs Committee
The Langara Accounting Club is an active member in the BC Accounting Clubs Committee (BC-ACC). The BC Accounting Clubs Committee is a united body of accounting club executives, representing the student accounting societies in the Lower Mainland. By coming together, we are able to give a voice to the thousands of accounting students represented by our societies, share best practices, and support each other in our challenges.
The Langara Accounting Club (LAC) was established in September of 2007 by student, Hanno Grohne. It is a recognized social club of the Langara School of Management. The club’s faculty liaison is Megan MacLean and Alina McGuinness. Langara College became a degree granting institution in 2006; Langara accounting students can complete their Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting from Langara. This degree fulfills the degree requirement for the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Canadian accounting designation.